Join the Blazy Family!
About Blazy Susan
Blazy Susan is a manufacturer of premium rolling papers and smoking accessories. We are well known for our spinning rolling trays and pink rolling papers. Blazy Susan was founded in 2017, and is still a relatively small company, although we are growing extremely quickly. We have customers in over 60 countries and we sell to hundreds of wholesalers and distributors throughout the United States. Our brand has activated pop ups, trade shows, and industry events locally and internationally. We want to continue attending and hosting amazing events, both B2C and B2B focused.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, execution-focused Event Coordinator to join our growing team. In this position, you will help to plan, execute, and report on our various events locally in Denver, around the US, and internationally. You will be guided through what it takes to put on amazing events with Blazy Susan and will be expected to grow into an independent role managing and executing events, staff, etc. This position requires that the candidate will be based in the Denver area. Pay will be commensurate with your experience and will be competitive. This position will report to the Brand Manager and Executive Team.
- Perform research in order to gain deep understanding of different requirements and details of each event
- Manage all aspects of trade show booth logistics, including shipping, buildout/teardown, staffing, data capture, etc.
- Track data against KPIs to measure event success
- Help to build and manage street teams locally and around the U.S.
- Organize and manage retail pop-ups
- Help to build out and maintain event calendars
- Plan and organize events while adhering to budgets and deadlines
- Research and bid out vendors as needed
- Negotiate with vendors as needed
- Assist with Green Room artist activations
- Manage product allotment for in-kind product sponsorships
- Hire, train and oversee staff
- Work with coordinators to book travel, lodging, etc as needed within budget
- Build event itineraries for team
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event operations
- Track event expenses regularly
- Carefully supervise event preparation activities
- Offer on-site support & problem-solving solutions
- Analyze and evaluate event’s results
- Develop content for event materials and work with graphic designer to produce
- Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the brand’s standards.
- Work with in-house production team to design concepts, manage production timeline, arrange logistics, etc.
- Arrange and book all shipping needs related to events
- Work with fulfillment team to pull necessary product for events
- 30%+ travel required (to dope places)
- 3+ years of experience as event coordinator or similar role
- Experiential agency experience a major bonus
- Portfolio of successful events
- Ability to remain cool, calm and collected around VIPs, celebrities, artists, etc.
- Desire to grow and own this aspect of the business
- Experience managing teams in-person and remotely
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in hospitality management, event management, public relations or similar relevant field
- Established relationships with vendors a plus
- Experience in managing budgets and tracking expenses
- Knowledge of Office, Acrobat, and Excel or similar softwares
- Proficiency with more than one language a bonus
- Supporting marketing initiatives.
- Creating and managing mailing lists.
- Developing and managing email campains.
- Maintaining email flows.
- Managing blog calendar.
- Helping with ecommerce product launches.
- Editing digital marketing material.
- Researching market trends.
- Identifying and engaging with vendors.
- Developing and sourcing content for digital platforms.
- Optimize SEO (bonus)
- Organize and manage tasks to hit deadlines.
- Monitor analytics for campaigns, test and retest strategies, and research platform best practices.
- Compile data for monthly reports.
- Provide brand and product feedback to team based on trends, customer feedback, etc.
- Hit monthly social growth and post cadence goals.
- B.S. in communications, marketing, advertising, or equivalent (bonus)
- Active on social media.
- Knowledge of CMS.
- Excellent copywriting and copy editing skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Project management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of web analytics.
- Strong presentation skills.
About Blazy Susan
Blazy Susan is a manufacturer of premium rolling papers and smoking accessories. We are well known for our spinning rolling trays and pink rolling papers. Blazy Susan was founded in 2017, and is still a relatively small company, although we are growing extremely quickly. We have customers in over 60 countries and we sell to hundreds of wholesalers and distributors throughout the United States.
We are looking to fill multiple intership positions here at Blazy. We need to bring in some hungry, herb-loving content creators, detail-oriented marketers, and event executers. You will be guided through what it takes to produce amazing work in the cannabis industry while working on Ecommerce and Wholesale business as well. Apply today and we will work with you to find a great role within Blazy!
Those interested in creating amazing content with us should include any portfolios and/or links to social accounts and content as well.